Advantages of iron duct
1) High strength, which is able to withstand 3kPa wind pressure and meet the use of high and low-pressure wind system.
2) It can be processed on-site, with low transportation cost and convenient adjustment, which will not affect the construction period.
Disadvantages of iron duct
1) Easy to rust, the service life is not long, is not conducive to improving indoor air quality, in a humid environment, the service life is only 5-7 years, and after 4-5 years to see the air duct is full of rust.
2) High air leakage rate and high energy consumption. The iron duct is connected by bite and flange, and the air leakage rate is about 10% (permitted by national standard).
3) High ventilation noise. The thin wall of the iron duct will produce noise under the action of wind speed and pressure.
4) Heavyweight increases building load. The weight of the iron duct shall be above 10kg per square meter.
5) High thermal conductivity. The iron duct adopts external insulation, which increases the project cost and affects the construction period. If the external insulation is not in place or damaged, a cold bridge can be created. Condensed water will damage the ceiling and damage the objects below.
6) Long production and installation cycle. The iron duct should be constructed with large machinery, with bite and flange, and the speed is slow.
7) High maintenance cost. The iron duct is always maintained and rustproof.
8) Ugly. Iron duct insulation after the uneven, not beautiful.
9) Occupy the ceiling space. The iron duct plus the height of the flange and the thickness of the insulation material occupy a lot of ceiling space (generally in 40-60mm).
10) Ventilation duct performance commonly used in ventilation and air conditioning system.
Aluminum foil composite glass fiber duct
Aluminum foil composite fiberglass duct is made of superfine glass wool, the insulation material of iron duct. In 1992, a super duct (fiberglass duct) entered the domestic market. Although it has been more than ten years of market operation, its market share is still quite small and even tends to shrink.
Advantages of aluminum foil composite glass fiber duct
1) absorption. Because it is directly made of superfine glass wool, the material is relatively loose and has good sound absorption performance.
2) Lightweight. It weighs about 3kg per square meter.
Disadvantages of aluminum foil composite glass fiber duct
1) Intensity difference. Because of the direct use of superfine glass wool production, poor pressure capacity can only be used in a low pressure, small duct. High protection requirements for finished products, easy to be damaged by the later stage of water, electricity, and decoration works. It can’t be cleaned.
2) Fear of humidity. Superfine glass wool has a very high water absorption rate. If the surface sealing is not in place, especially after slotting, it will absorb a lot of water and reduce the insulation performance and strength.
3) Fibers are easily dispersed. If the surface of superfine glass wool is not closed in place, especially after slotting, it will cause the fiber to fly away, affecting human health.
4) High wind resistance. The absolute surface roughness is 0.90-1.1mm, and the unit power is generally required to increase by 10% to increase energy consumption.
5) Ventilation duct performance is commonly used in ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Aluminum foil polyurethane duct
Aluminum foil polyurethane duct is the intermediate insulation material is polyurethane, both sides of the composite aluminum foil for the plate made of the duct. One of the major characteristics of the sandwich air duct is light in quality, but the fire performance does not meet the national requirements is its biggest deficiency, the national “high-rise building fire code” and “civil building fire code” all stipulate that the ventilation duct material must be made of A-class non-combustible materials. Sandwich air duct can only reach the B1 level at the highest, and its accessories and glue for organic materials, the highest can only reach the B1 level, not in line with national norms. The poor strength and bearing capacity of the sandwich duct are also its disadvantages.
Aluminum foil composite phenolic air duct
The phenolic duct is a duct made of phenolic aldehyde insulation material and aluminum foil on both sides.
The advantages of phenolic duct are its lightweight and obvious disadvantages, such as poor strength, easy powder, easy layering of aluminum foil, and phenolic resin. A large amount of strong acid is used in the foaming process, and the glue is organic glue, which contains formaldehyde and is not environmentally friendly.
Ventilation duct performance is commonly used in ventilation and air conditioning system.
Color steel windpipe
The color steel duct is divided into single-color steel and double color steel two kinds, single color steel is to move the original external superfine glass wool in inside, outside is a layer of color steel, inside a superfine glass wool layer, double color steel is outside the iron duct insulation cotton to do a layer of metal protection, technically than iron duct is not much innovation or iron duct. The improvement point is to replace the bite and flange with PVC cuttings, thermal insulation cotton, and color steel composite molding, do not need secondary insulation.
Winying focuses on improving the speed, accuracy, and reusability of the spiral duct machine, duct production line. Our system provides the industry’s most complete ductwork system components, minimizes material waste, labor costs, increases productivity, and returns on investment. Contact us for more details.